Земля Любви

Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Пятница, 10.05.2024, 15:27
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Получить доспуп в скрытые разделы можно по запросу здесь //indialove.ucoz.ru/forum/7-785-2
Форум Земля Любви индомания » Болливуд » Шахрукх Кхан - Shahrukh Khan » Шахрукх Кхан Shahrukh Khan иностранные статьи
Шахрукх Кхан Shahrukh Khan иностранные статьи
MayaДата: Воскресенье, 04.11.2012, 00:18 | Сообщение # 526
Лед и пламя
Статус: Offline
Happy Birthday Shah Rukh Khan, says Bollywood

Indo-Asian News Service | Friday, November 02, 2012 (Mumbai)

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan turns 47 on Friday and the B-town wishes the "most energetic person" a very happy birthday.

Celebrities like Karan Johar, Dia Mirza, Tusshar Kapoor and many more took to Twitter to extend their greetings to him.

This is what they wrote:

Riteish Deshmukh: Wishing Shah Rukh Khan, the man who made me feel that falling in love is the greatest thing in the world, a very Happy Birthday. Love you. Huge hug.

Karan Johar: To the man who made the nation fall in love Shah Rukh Khan! Happy birthday! All my love always!

Anubhav Sinha: Very few beings will be cited as events in the history of cinema. You are one of those. Happy Birthday Shah Rukh Khan.

Vivek Oberoi: A very happy birthday to the one and only Shah Rukh Khan. Loads of love brother, may the almighty bless you with health and happiness, always!

Tusshar Kapoor: Here's wishing the most energetic personality, Shah Rukh Khan, super duper happiness on his birthday! Baar baar din yeh aaye!

Dia Mirza: The little girl in Hyderabad, who watched DDLJ (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge) multiple times, never imagined she would actually meet let alone be a part of the same frame as Shah Rukh Khan. Thank you for making so many moments so magical for me! Happy Birthday.

Shreyas Talpade: Wishing my dear friend 'omi' Shah Rukh Khan a very very happy birthday. You are a superstar and will forever remain one.

Aftab Shivdasani: Shah Rukh Khan wishing you a very happy birthday bhai jaan (brother)! Love, peace and light to you and the family!

Ehsaan Noorani: Shah Rukh Khan happy birthday brother.

Neha Dhupia: Happy birthday Shah Rukh Khan.

Mi avvicino a lui nel cielo,
L'ho cadere nell'abisso,
Io sono per esso - Mi dispiace, orgoglio,
Lo seguii uno, gli ho detto una ...

MayaДата: Среда, 07.11.2012, 12:25 | Сообщение # 527
Лед и пламя
Acting, not romance, is my forte: Shah Rukh Khan

Indo-Asian News Service | Wednesday, November 07, 2012 (Mumbai)

He may be known the world over as the ultimate icon of romance but only five of his 75 films portray him as the romantic hero, says Shah Rukh Khan, who believes that projecting him as the lover boy is "oversimplification".

"Honestly, I think acting is my forte. I think this is oversimplification - five out of the 75 films that I have done have been romantic. They have done well, so have the other ones," Shah Rukh told IANS in a group interview here.

He had made it big initially with grey roles in Baazigar and Darr, but was labelled king of romance following the stupendous success of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

He proved his versatility by featuring in actioners like Don 2 and issue-based films like My Name Is Khan, Chak De! India and Swades, but the tag stuck. His last love saga was the Aditya Chopra directed Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. He returns to the genre after four years with the late Yash Chopra's Jab Tak Hai Jaan, which releases Nov 13 on Diwali.

He will be seen wooing Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in what he calls a modern love story.

"Yashji wanted to make love stories. He said that we have had enough of these fighting films. I believed in him...... (with this film) he said he wanted to make a simple yet complicated film on human relations. It is a very modern interpretation (of love). (But) I think love remains the same," Shah Rukh.

This is Shah Rukh's fourth film with Yash Chopra as director after Darr (1993), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) and Veer-Zaara (2004).

His real life approach to romance is simple.

"You should sit with who you love...you don't need anything else...beach, candle, a car or anything. When you love someone, you don't need anything else. The fact that you do need other things means that you don't love that person," said the actor who is happily married to Gauri.

He added that his fans had formed an image on the basis of his screen appearance.

"You will only know who I am from the impression you make of me from my films. You will never get to know how I really am because you don't know me, neither do you spend time with me. And my larger than life image is so big that if I romance well, you will feel that I am a romantic. My image is so big already that whatever you think of me will be based on your perception of me from my films," he said.

More than an actor, Shah Rukh Khan has become a brand. But nothing is more important than the acting, he says.

"I feel that more than the brand, I just try to enjoy my acting. I have been enjoying it since 20 years. I don't think I will stop soon. Till the time I get happiness, I will do it. Very few people get the chance of doing what they want to do...and very few get the chance of doing new things every day."

"Sometimes I am romantic, sometimes I am dancing, fighting...going to new places....so I cherish these moments. I get excited and this shows on screen.

"Whatever role you give me, I will make it out to be something. It is like a challenge to me when I can add something (to my role)," he said.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Среда, 07.11.2012, 12:30 | Сообщение # 528
Лед и пламя
Basically I am quite good: Shah Rukh Khan describes himself in five words

Written by Gitanjali Roy | Tuesday, November 06, 2012 (New Delhi )

In a one hour long video chat, Shah Rukh Khan answered questions about his new film Jab Tak Hai Jaan from fans. Dressed in a grey jacket and seated before a poster from the film, a slightly disheveled SRK deened his scruffy appearance saying his make up could not be completed.

Asked to describe himself in five words, he said, in typical SRK style, "Basically I am quite good."

One fan asked SRK what facet of Samar, the character he plays in Jab Tak Hai Jaan, audiences should pay attention to. SRK replied: "If you have to pay attention than I'm not doing my job. Enjoy the character, don't think about him with a magnifying glass."

Shah Rukh spoke about some first time experiences that he had while shooting Jab Tak Hai Jaan - seeing a puffer fish, and suddenly realizing that he couldn't breathe in Ladakh where the entire crew had to sit down to catch their breath.

Asked if he thinks Jab Tak Hai Jaan will be the best Yash Raj movie, SRK said: "It's my film so not for me to state that but YRF has been making films that improve on their last films. It will be a fine film emotionally because it was Yash Chopra's last film."

Shah Rukh listed his biggest strength as the ability to go without sleep for a long time. On the secret behind his famous charm, he said: "I don't know how to be charming. I try to be me and I'm an extremely shy person. I think people confuse shyness for charm. Or it's in my genes."

He had a piece of trivia about how Jab tak Hai Jaan got its name. The working title of the movie was "Unbreakable" and when they were casting about for an equivalent Hindi phrase, they hit upon Jab Tak Hai Jaan, or "till death," as the closest.

In reply to a question about which direction he was going as an actor, SRK said: "I do a couple of films a year and like to work with people I'm comfortable with. I believe films choose you. Some of the roles I get are awesome because of the directors and writers. I just want to entertain as many people as possible."

Many fans, from all over the world, asked if SRK had visited their country or when he would do so. He said that he'd like to visit if he had the chance to shoot there or simply enjoy a family holiday. The devoted family man also added that he's not much of a traveler and his favourite destination was Mannat, his Mumbai home.

Asked about what it was like working with director Yash Chopra, who died on October 21. SRK said, "Working with Yashji is like working with family. I'm a star because of the films I've done with him. Yashji gets lovely ladies to hug you and sing nice songs so I always tell everyone you are blessed if you get to work with Yash Chopra."

When can we expect SRK's autobiography, many years now in the making? SRK said, "I've been writing my book for 10-15 years now and things keep happening to me so I keep feeling the book is incomplete. So I keep editing and adding but now I've decided I should end it in the next few months."

One fan asked when and where Shah Rukh was first recognised as an actor. He said, "I was walking or cycling in Saket in New Delhi and a passing three wheeler stopped. A mother, daughter and son jumped out and called me Abhimanyu Rai. At first I didn't realize because I was not used to being called by my screen name and then I realized they were talking about me."

What would you like to do Jab Tak Hai Jaan, was one of the final questions? "I'd like to keep making movies, see my children grow up to be healthy and educated, and keep acting," was the superstar's reply.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Среда, 07.11.2012, 12:31 | Сообщение # 529
Лед и пламя
Not our fault: Shah Rukh Khan on Ajay Devgn controversy

Indo-Asian News Service | Tuesday, November 06, 2012 (Mumbai )

Shah Rukh Khan's Jab Tak Hai Jaan releases on the same day as Ajay Devgn's Son Of Sardaar and the superstar says he is amused with the row over the two films, especially when everything had been sorted almost a year ago.

Directed by late Yash Chopra, Jab Tak Hai Jaanis coming out November 13 and Son of Sardaar is also releasing on the same day.

Ajay Devgn has filed a complaint with the Competition Commission of India (CCI) alleging that the makers of JTHJ have been blocking the release of his film SOS in certain theatres.

According to SRK, the release date was locked a year ago and the screens were also booked then. (Ajay Devgn vs Yash Raj Films: Who said what )

"I find it amusing. This has been decided since a year... They (makers of Son of Sardaar) must have also known, so what is the problem then? If you have delayed, then it's not our fault. I just find it wrong," he added.

The 47-year-old also clarified that they have not forced any exhibitor to showcase their film.
(Knew I would be portrayed as villain in YRF-ADF tussle: Ajay Devgn)

"I don't understand all this. I feel that the exhibitors represent the consumers to me. As a business person, I cannot assume that anything has been put on anyone by force. They chose the film," he said. "We only wish them best and hope that both films do good business," he added.

While director Ashwni Dhir's Son Of Sardaar is a comedy, Jab Tak Hai Jaan is a romantic drama that has two leading ladies - Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif.

Talking about his character in the film, SRK said: "It is about a man who cannot die. Through him we show that love never ceases. I think people will really like the film, I don't know in figures (box office collection)."

Post Jab Tak Hai Jaan, SRK will be busy with Rohit Shetty's Chennai Express, which also stars Deepika Padukone.

"Chennai Express is there at the moment. I am also discussing two or three more films at the moment," he said.

He plans to start shooting for Farah Khan's Happy New Year soon.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Вторник, 13.11.2012, 09:46 | Сообщение # 530
Лед и пламя
Shah Rukh Khan is still delicious, says Anushka Sharma

Indo-Asian News Service | Monday, November 12, 2012 (New Delhi)

Anushka Sharma, who started her acting career with Shah Rukh Khan in 2008 movie Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, will be seen romancing the superstar once again in forthcoming love saga Jab Tak Hai Jaan. The actress says that even after four years, SRK's charm remains the same.

"He is equally delicious. Yes, in my first film it was an acquired taste because I didn't know him, but with this film, I got to know him better," the 24-year-old told reporters during the promotion of the film in the capital.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan releases on November 13, 2012 and it also stars Katrina Kaif.

Sharing her first experience with SRK, Anushka said she still remembers the "nervousness" that she had during the shooting of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

"I was really scared, but he made me so comfortable and I am always grateful to him for that. Shah Rukh as a co-star is a blessing. In Jab Tak... I was more of a friend. But both the times, he was lovely and the best co-star one can ever had," she added.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Вторник, 13.11.2012, 09:51 | Сообщение # 531
Лед и пламя
Shah Rukh Khan's cool new shoes, courtesy daughter

Indo-Asian News Service | Saturday, November 10, 2012 (Mumbai)

It seems superstar Shah Rukh Khan is getting experimental with age, thanks to his children.

The 46-year-old sported white sneakers accessorised with metal spikes at his daughter Suhana's behest.

"Lethal shoes! My little girl said its cool to make a statement with them... 'I'll nail you with my shoes'," tweeted Shah Rukh.

He teamed the shoe with a pair of worn-out jeans, as seen in the picture that he posted on the micro-blogging site.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 15.11.2012, 12:30 | Сообщение # 532
Лед и пламя
All in the Khan-daan

Posted On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 12:00:12 AM

With Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra booked for a post-Diwali performance in Dubai in December, Shah Rukh Khan is all set to snatch Salman's ex Katrina Kaif for his stage shows in the same city.

Mirror has found out that at least two event organisers have approached Shah Rukh for a performance. When they asked him to suggest who he would like to pair up on stage with, Katrina’s name popped up. What’s more, even the actress is keen to perform with her latest costar.

"We had asked Shah Rukh for an available date for the performance. We were told that in case we were looking for a leading lady to perform alongside the actor, we should approach Katrina. Of course, we had to approach the actress separately through her office. However, it was made clear to us that Katrina is willing to be paired up with Shah Rukh on stage,” the head honcho of an event management company told us.

Rashid Saeed, who had organised several events for Shah Rukh in the past including the RA.One world premiere in Dubai, is gearing up to pair SRK-Kat on stage. When we got in touch with him, he confirmed that he is in the final leg of planning a stage-show with Shah Rukh and Katrina in UAE.

"We put the proposal across to Katrina and were told that she is keen to perform with Shah Rukh. However, we are waiting for the actor’s confirmed dates. We have done shows with Shah Rukh-Priyanka and Shah Rukh-Kareena but for the first time that will be getting Katrina with Shah Rukh on stage. We are excited," Rashid said over phone from Dubai.

Katrina’s staff too confirmed that she is actively considering a proposal to perform with Shah Rukh on stage. When we contacted her manager, Sandhya Ramachandran, she told us that Katrina has indeed received two invitations to perform abroad that she is "actively considering" at the moment. "There are two back-toback invitations for her to perform. One is in December-end and the other in January. But since we haven't officially given a go-ahead to either, I cannot tell you for sure," Sandhya said.

Sources added that for both the events Katrina is the only name on the list. And no, there is no mention of PeeCee on either.

Sallu-SRK end era of jibes with a jig

After four years of trying not to cross each other’s path, Shah Rukh and Salman finally came together.

After the Jab Tak Hai Jaan premiere, the actors who had a rather nasty fallout in 2008, attended the post party. In fact, they were extremely cordial to each other and also danced together. And though, when we heard it, we dismissed it as just another rumour, Shah Rukh’s tweets validated the story.

“May Allah bless our film...it looked so beautiful on the big screen.

Had a lovely time dancing partying with all...Amit uncle, Salman, Aamir,” wrote SRK on Twitter.

‘Amit uncle’ too tweeted about the evening: T 930 - Danced my shoes off with all the youngsters... An amazing evening... spending time with Salman, Aamir, Shahrukh, Katrina and Anushka.

A source who was present at the party on Tuesday night, told Mirror, “Salman Khan came for the premiere pretty late.

Shah Rukh had come early and was seen welcoming the guests. When they met, they were rather cordial to each other.

They were seen chatting with Amitji for a long time. Salman and Aamir were seen catching up as well. It was rather nice to see the warring Khans let bygones be and come together for Yashji.”

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 22.11.2012, 10:47 | Сообщение # 533
Лед и пламя
Why is Shahrukh Khan so dull?

Prathamesh Jadhav1.20 PM IST 11.21.2012

Shahrukh Khan is a force of nature. The livewire actor is always bustling with incredible energy that baffles one and all. Over the years SRK has adorned the covers of many glossies, but never before have we seen a cover picture that captured SRK in a dreary and an uninteresting mood such as this! The 47-year-old is already receiving stinging comments for portraying a haggard-looking loverboy opposite much younger Katrina Kaif (and Anushka Sharma) in Yash Chopra’s recent release Jab Tak Hai Jaan. And this cover picture, much like the scene from JTHJ where the King Khan plants an awkward kiss on the elegant pout of a far more youthful Kat, turned our stomachs right over!

Here’s Shahrukh, who seems to have come to the shoot straight from his king-size bed, his eyes bleary and face crumpled. There’s a desperate attempt to make the superstar look casual, relax and chic, but the attempt has gone dreadfully wrong. The V-necked black tee and the dark denims make for an awful match. And if that’s not enough, the bronze jacket and the-old-man-supporting-his-aching-back pose make the faux pas even more glaring. “I cried for hours…” reads the tagline.

Well, after looking at this cover, so did we!

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 03.01.2013, 02:52 | Сообщение # 534
Лед и пламя
New Year's Eve: SRK, Priyanka, Salman to entertain on TV
Tina Krishnan | Dec 31, 2012, 15:08PM IST

New Year's eve is a few hours away. People all around the world have different plans to bring in the new year but for people who are going to be at home, we bring to you tonight’s menu on television. Your favorite channels have lined up an array of shows to keep you lively and entertained this New Year.

Apart from the traditional episodes of 'Balika Vadhu' and 'Madhubala', Colors will entertain their audiences with Golden Petal Awards, which will be aired from 9 pm. All the other show in time span of 9pm to 12 am has been cancelled. In this award function you will see Salman shaking a leg with television divas.

You have one more award function to entertain you and that is 'Big Star Entertainment Awards' on Star Plus. The show is filled with Bollywood celebrities and their larger than life performances. It will have big faces from B-town like Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan and many others.

Another GEC Sony Entertainment Television will run its routine shows. The same goes with Zee TV and Sahara One.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 03.01.2013, 02:58 | Сообщение # 535
Лед и пламя
Jab Tak Hai Jaan vs Son Of Sardaar – Biggest fight of the year: BollywoodLife Awards 2012

Letty Mariam Abraham9.00 PM IST 01.02.2013

The BollywoodLife Awards 2012 results are out! Click to know which was the biggest fight of the year…

The entertainment value of Bollywood squabbles never goes down, no matter when they occur. Petty issues and over-the-top reactions have been caught on camera and provided us with much needed gossip. Not that we’d ever discourage these warring parties…in more ways than the obvious. We put up some of the biggest fights of the year and you voted for the best. We received about 570 votes in this category.

While we initially thought the Shahrukh Khan-Shirish Kunder skirmish would be the main highlight of 2012, we were proved wrong. Votes for Jab Tak Hai Jaan vs Son of Sardaar kept pouring in. The tussle between Ajay Devgn Ffilms and Yash Raj Films won our poll hands down, with 59 percent votes.

Next in line was Shahrukh Khan vs Shirish Kunder with 23 percent

Priyanka Chopra vs Karan Johar with 10 percent

Akshay Kumar vs Shirish Kunder got 4 percent votes

And Saif Ali Khan’s brawl at Hotel Taj came last, with only 3 percent votes.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 03.01.2013, 03:06 | Сообщение # 536
Лед и пламя
BollywoodLife Awards 2012: Shahrukh Khan voted Best Khan of 2012

Letty Mariam Abraham3.29 PM IST 01.02.2013

The battle of the biggest Khans is a trend every year. While each actor has contributed immensely, there can only be one winner.

Shahrukh Khan – the badshah of Bollywood – continues to rule the roost, as he did last year. We initially thought the count might change in 2012, since Salman Khan had two super-big hits at the box office – Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2. We received about 4,160 votes in this category. However, the fans have given their verdict.

Shahrukh Khan with Jab Tak Hai Jaan garnered about 59 percent votes

Salman Khan with Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2 managed to get 30 percent votes and, last but not least,

Aamir Khan, who released Talaash and hosted Satyamev Jayate, got about 11 percent votes.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 03.01.2013, 03:08 | Сообщение # 537
Лед и пламя
Shahrukh Khan-Katrina Kaif voted hottest new pair of the year: Bollywood Life Awards 2012

Dhiren Trivedi10.19 AM IST 01.02.2013

Yash Chopra’s conviction made him cast Shahrukh Khan and Katrina Kaif as the lead pair in Jab Tak Hai Jaan – and it worked big time with audiences and critics alike

Ever since Yash Raj Films announced Shahrukh and Katrina would come together in the late master filmmaker’s last musical, there were speculations galore in the industry and media about whether the jodi could actually click with the audiences, considering Katrina’s loyalties to her ex, Salman Khan. With the movie grossing more than Rs 100 crores at the box office, the magical combo of SRK-Kat has indeed become one of the hottest in recent times.

In an awards poll conducted by BollywoodLife, the first-time jodi has emerged as the Hottest New Pair of 2012, with a big margin of 73 percent votes, leaving behind the likes of Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha with a mere 13 percent votes and Ajay Devgn-Sonakshi Sinha with 4 percent. Sadly, Kareena Kapoor-Imran Khan and Arjun Kapoor-Parineeti Chopra couldn’t make it to the list of top three jodis. Poor Ayushmann Khurana and Yami Gautam as the Vicky Donor jodi failed to impress the audience with just 2 percent votes.

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Четверг, 03.01.2013, 03:09 | Сообщение # 538
Лед и пламя
Zee Cine Awards 2013 nominations: Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Vidya Balan – who will win?

Prathamesh Jadhav6.09 PM IST 01.02.2013

As the nominations for the world’s biggest viewers’ choice awards of the Indian film industry are announced, all eyes are now focussed on the final results. Who do you think should walk away with the desirable trophy in which category?

Get ready to witness a spectacular extravaganza. The Zee Cine Awards 2013 is all set to dish out some incredible performances from the industry’s heartthrobs – Shahrukh Khan, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and many more stars, each twinkling as bright as they can.

This ultra-glamorous event will see the presence of the who’s who of B-town vying for the prestigious trophy. It will certainly be a night to remember, as the red carpet will be rolled out at the sprawling Yash Raj Studios, Mumbai, on January 6, 2013. The much-anticipated broadcast of this splendid night will be on Zee TV on January 20, 2012, at 8 pm.

Meanwhile, the nominations for the Zee Cine Awards 2013 have been announced. We give you a peek at the potential winners and you tell us who you think deserves to win!

Song of the year

Chikni Chameli-Agneepath

Pungi baja kar -Agent Vinod

Tumhi ho bandhu -Cocktail

Chinta ta ta -Rowdy Rathore

Radha -Student Of The Year

Best Film

Agneepath

Barfi!

English Vinglish

Paan Singh Tomar

Kahaani

Best actor – female

Deepika Padukone -Cocktail

Sridevi – English Vinglish

Vidya Balan – Kahaani

Kareena Kapoor – Talaash

Priyanka Chopra – Barfi!

Best actor-male

Irrfan Khan – Paan Singh Tomar

Ranbir Kapoor – Barfi!

Shahrukh Khan – Jab Tak Hai Jaan

Salman Khan – Dabangg 2

Hrithik Roshan - Agneepath

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Пятница, 11.01.2013, 12:13 | Сообщение # 539
Лед и пламя
Shah Rukh Khan's strawberry fantasy!
Kanchan Thakur | Jan 11, 2013, 13:25PM IST

Guess what has caught Bollywood Ka Baadshah's attention these days? He's got some serious fascination towards strawberries these days. He's not only indulging in them but has also been applying them on his lips which he terms as 'strawberry therapy'.Yes it sounds a little feminine what prompted him to take up this therapy?

A source reveals, "Shahrukh Khan has recently started this strawberry therapy. Due to excess smoking his lips have gone black and to make them look better, he's been applying them over his lips. Along with that he's also been eating a lot of strawberries as they are rich in moisture. Since he's shooting in Wai for 'Chennai Express' and it's a real interior location, the production guys have to travel a lot to get the berries."

Shahrukh Khan definitely seems to be living up to the title, 'King of Bollywood' as his strawberry wishes are really commanding over the crew. But the question is who suggested this therapy? Gauri?

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

MayaДата: Среда, 30.01.2013, 01:08 | Сообщение # 540
Лед и пламя
Read Shah Rukh Khan's statement on controversy over his article

NDTV.com | Updated: January 29, 2013 23:16 IST

Actor Shah Rukh Khan today issued a media statement over the raging controversy around an article he wrote for a magazine recently. In the article titled 'Being a Khan' in Outlook Turning Point, Mr Khan had written, "Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland."

Today, Mr Khan spoke to the media, issuing a strongly-worded statement on the controversy that followed after he wrote the article.

Read Shah Rukh Khan's statement below:

According to me, all our lives we are defined by three identities.

Two of which are fortunately acquired by birth and are a matter of unconditional love and acceptance.

The first identity is acquired by where one is born. Our Motherland. That defines us. So foremost all of us here like me are proud Indians.

Second the family name and upbringing that our parents give us. Mine is Khan, like some of us here. I am very proud of my parents, like all of us are here. I love them unconditionally.

The third is the profession we choose that defines us. By some quirk of fate I am a celebrity... a public figure in the fields of art and media. Like most of us are here today.

As I said being an Indian and my parents' child is an unconditional accepted truth of my life and I am very proud of both.

The third... being a public figure makes me open to any kind of questioning, adjectives good and bad and or sometimes makes me an object of controversy as people use my name and statements to attach any positive or negative sentiment to it. I accept all the above because this is the life I chose and will stand by it. I am what I am, because of the love and admiration that comes with being who I am in my profession...so I thank everyone for making me the star I am.

Now to address this whole issue, with regards to my Article, that has taken an unwarranted twist . I do not even understand the basis of this controversy.

Ironically the article I wrote (yes its written by me) was actually meant to reiterate that on some occasions my being an Indian Muslim film star is misused by bigots and narrow minded people who have misplaced religious ideologies for small gains....and ironically the same has happened through this article...once again.

The reason for this primarily is....I think some of the people have not even read it and are reacting to comments of people, who in turn have also not read it. So I implore you all to first read it.

Second if you read it, nowhere does the article state or imply directly or indirectly that I feel unsafe....troubled or disturbed in India.

It does not even vaguely say that I am ungrateful for the love that I have received in a career spanning 20 years. On the contrary the article only says that in spite of bigoted thoughts of some of the people that surround us....I am untouched by skepticism because of the love I have received by my countrymen and women.

I will paraphrase the beginning and the end of the article to clarify and substantiate my stand.

"Then, there is the image I most see, the one of me in my own country: being acclaimed as a megastar, adored and glorified, my fans mobbing me with love and apparent adulation..

So I am a Khan, but no stereotyped image is factored into my idea of who I am. Instead, the living of my life has enabled me to be deeply touched by the love of millions of Indians. I have felt this love for the last 20 years regardless of the fact that my community is a minority within the population of India. I have been showered with love across national and cultural boundaries, they appreciate what I do for them as an entertainer - that's all. My life has led me to understand and imbibe that love is a pure exchange, untempered by definition and unfettered by the narrowness of limiting ideas.

Sometimes, they ask me what religion they belong to and, like a good Hindi movie hero, I roll my eyes up to the sky and declare philosophically, "you are an Indian first and your religion is Humanity", or sing them an old Hindi film ditty, "tu hindu banega na musalmaan banega - insaan ki aulaad hai insaan banega" set to Gangnam style.

Why should not the love we share be the last word in defining us instead of the last name? It doesn't take a superstar to be able to give love, it just takes a heart and as far as i know, there isn't a force on this earth that can deprive anyone of theirs.
I am a Khan, and that's what it has meant being one, despite the stereotype images that surround me. To be a Khan has been to be loved and love back...."

Please I implore everyone here to read the article and convey through your respective mediums of communications, all the good things that it expresses to youngsters and my fellow Indians. It is a heartfelt and extremely important aspect of my life, an appreciation of love that all of you have bestowed upon me and also a point of view from my being a father of two young children

I would like to tell all those who are offering me unsolicited advice that we in India are extremely safe and happy. We have an amazing democratic, free and secular way of life. In the environs that we live here in my country India, we have no safety issues regarding life or material. As a matter of fact it is irksome for me to clarify this non-existent issue. With respect I would like to say to anyone who is interpreting my views and offering advice regarding them, please read what I have written first.

Also some of the views that I have been made to read are just an extension of soft targeting celebs and creating an atmosphere of emotional outbursts and divisiveness based on religion...in the minds of some. I implore everyone to understand, that my article is against exactly this kind of giving in to propaganda and aggressiveness. Lets not be misled by tools which use religion as an anchor for unrest and a policy of divide and rule.

I would also like to add here, that my profession as an actor makes me, liked beyond the borders of my nation and culture. The hugs and love that I am showered upon by Nationalities all around the world, make me safe all over the globe, and my safety has genuinely never been a matter of concern to me...and so it should not be a matter of concern to anyone else either.

We are all educated and patriotic people. We do not have to prove that time and again because of divisive politics of a few.

My own family and friends, are like a mini India...where all religions, professions and a few wrongs included, all are treated with tolerance and understanding and regard for each other. I only sell love...love that I have got from millions of Indians and non Indians....and stand indebted to my audience in my country and around the world. It is sad that I have to say it to prove it, in my country, which my father fought for, during the Independence struggle.

That's my piece and having said all this...I would like to request all of you present here....that henceforth ask me questions regarding....my next movie. The songs that I have recorded. The release date of my film. The heroines cast in it. The Toiffa awards in Vancouver, because I am an actor and maybe I should just stick to stuff that all of you expect me to have a viewpoint on. The rest of it...maybe I don't have the right kind of media atmosphere to comment on. So I will refrain from it.

And please if you can...put all I have said on your channels, or mediums of communication, in the exact same light as I have said it and meant it in. 24 hrs of unrequired controversy is more than enough for all of us I assume. So do not sensationalize and hence trivialize matters of national interest and religion any further and drag a movie actor in the middle of it all...and let me get back to doing what I do best....making movies.

Shah Rukh Khan

http://www.ndtv.com/article....-323901

L'ho cadere nell'abisso,

Сообщение отредактировал Maya - Среда, 30.01.2013, 01:10

Форум Земля Любви индомания » Болливуд » Шахрукх Кхан - Shahrukh Khan » Шахрукх Кхан Shahrukh Khan иностранные статьи
Поиск:

Составляем слова на хинди (для вставки символа в форму кликните по нему)

ि

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 | Создать бесплатный сайт с uCoz