Земля Любви

Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 06:31
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Получить доспуп в скрытые разделы можно по запросу здесь //indialove.ucoz.ru/forum/7-785-2
  • Страница 2 из 7
  • «
  • »
Форум Земля Любви индомания » Болливуд » Акшай Кумар - Akshay Kumar » Акшай Кумар Akshay Kumar статьи на иностранном языке
Акшай Кумар Akshay Kumar статьи на иностранном языке
LudgerДата: Понедельник, 03.08.2009, 08:20 | Сообщение # 1
Ангел Любви
Статус: Offline
Акшай Кумар - статьи на иностранном языке
bollywood news -Akshay Kumar

amore amore mio la luce del mattino
amore amore mio sei tu in ogni tuo respiro
amore amore mio c'è un angolo di cielo blu
sei tu la più bella, la più bella del mondo
sei l'unica stella di notte di gïorno

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:00 | Сообщение # 16
Ангел Любви
Akshay Kumar gifts his son a PC
Monday, September 21, 2009, 16:07

On his birthday (September 9), Akshay Kumar received several gifts. But the best present he received was a huge cut-out of Superman with his face superimposed on it by his son Aarav.

For the four-year-old, dad is Superman and he had planned his gift for his papa. Apparently he had designed it on his computer with the help of his mom Twinkle. So for his son's birthday (September 15), AK got his beta a computer of his own.

Says a source close to the actor, "Aarav has been learning how to use the computer in his school for the last few months so this time Akshay decided to gift him a computer with all kinds of drawing and designing programs. He loves playing games on them.

That wasn't the only computer gift he got. Twinkle's mother Dimple also gifted Aarav an Apple notebook, which he can carry with him everywhere he travels."

Kumar Jr is thrilled with his two computers and has been proudly showing them off to all his friends. In the Kumar family, birthdays are special. No matter where Akshay is shooting they all make sure they are together on each other's birthdays. September is a special month because it is Akshay (September 9), Aarav (September 15) and the actor's niece Simar's birthday too.

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:01 | Сообщение # 17
Ангел Любви
Blue isn't just a film - Akshay Kumar
Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 17:29

Welcome to the 'Akshay Kumar Fan Club'. Care to join? Film credits like Khiladi, Ajnabee, Khakee, Kambakkht Ishq, many more, including the latest deep sea adventure, Blue, which has already brought in thousands of members worldwide. Don't worry about membership requirements, it's simple. You just need to see any of his action flicks to fall in love with the six feet tall treasure seeker.

Kumar has managed a balance of box office hit films and dramatic roles to cement his leap to leading man status. He has risen above the Gods, you may say, but it's time he dives deep down the ocean to meet the sharks. After all, they are God send. Get ready for the ultimate chapter of the adrenaline-fuelled, high-octane action thriller Blue. Chances are, you might just land up in a big fat hungry mouth of the sharks or land up joining his fan club. The choice is yours but there are no options.

Akshay Kumar gets ready to tear some flesh with many journalists who were lined up to question him about his on-set dancing to the title track of Blue, his stuntman quality, why directors are not ready to embark on an all out adventure caper and the most common question Indian cinema lovers are asking today - Why did Shahrukh Khan visit Akshay Kumar on the sets of Blue? The fan club's getting popular every second, ain't it?

Shahrukh Khan on the sets of Blue. Why?
I thought this whole media briefing was about my film Blue and not me and Shahrukh Khan. Why do you guys blow everything out of proportion? We visit each other every time. It's not the first time he is meeting me. It's the first time media is seeing both of us meet after a long time but we do meet often.

How easy was it to be dancing on the trampoline and doing your own stunts?
I thought I was an actor. That's fine if you call me a stuntman. I take it as a compliment. To be a stuntman, you need to be highly qualified. This title track that we are shooting for a promotional video requires a certain kind of dance. It required me to jump high and it couldn't have been possible without a trampoline.

Are you the only one filming this promotional song?
No. There is Lara Dutta, Zayed Khan and Sanjay Dutt too. But today was my day of the shoot.

How good a dancer are you Akshay? Or have you improved?
I think dancing is more like aerobics. I don't consider myself a trained dancer.

Which means that the choreographers must be putting in a lot of sweat for you?
You're right. They have to. They sweat more than I do.

Do you think the introduction of Blue's music on pen drives and memory chips will help combat piracy?
We will do anything to curb piracy. I don't know how much this kind of an innovation is going to curb it. If it does, great. This launch of music on pen drives is a rather unusual thing which I haven't seen before. I got to know it from A.R.Rahman when I met him couple of days back. Isn't it great? I mean, you don't need to carry your compact discs. You just need to have a small chip to see the visual and hear the music. Small is the next big thing.

Very rarely we've seen an adventure genre come out of Bollywood. Do you think it is very difficult for directors to take a risk so big or do you think they need an Akshay Kumar to be a part of such a film?
I have no idea about that. Yes. Blue isn't just a film for me, it's an adventure, fun and a frolic ride. I've done so many films that I have forgotten the memorable shots I've shot for those films. Blue is the only film where I can count my shots. Just imagine, wearing your fins, cylinder, your boxing gloves in the ring and then jumping inside the deep sea, knowing that there are thirty-forty sharks ready to greet you, not eat you, there. There were times when my director would say to remove my cylinder and diving glasses only to get myself prepared for a fight shot doing martial arts. I hope people understand the thrill of risking your life a little bit while you're on the edge.

You've got a tattoo on your hand which reads Blue. Is it permanent?
How can it be permanent? I mean, I don't keep on putting tattoos of all the films I do. I've got this done because it's got a lot of significance to the film I'm doing.

We've seen you exercise behind the scenes to prepare for your roles. Swimming is an exercise in itself. Did you also do different types of training on the sets?
Yes. My producer had sent me to Kosamui to be a certified diver. I had to undergo fifteen days of rigorous training. I had to learn it because I was filming with a Hollywood professional Pete, who is a cameraman for films like Pirates of the Caribbean. Such professionals demand actors to push their boundaries and be swimmers we should be for such films.

Which means that you must've required a higher level of fitness for Blue...
You can say so. Yes, I had to undergo a lot of physical weight loss. I had to shed four kilos. That was quite a heavy task, to remove four kilos from your body weight.

Indian heroes have always shied away from the colour grey. But your stubble looks nice when it's got shades of grey. It looks stylish.
Thank you. I'm so glad that you said that. Some of my producers say, "Sir, aapka daadi kaala kar lo. Ladkiyan kya sochegi?" Everybody is ageing. We all do. Why not let my beard age too (laughs).

We hear that you're doing a romantic film with Anushka Sharma.
Yes, there is romance but it's not a romantic film. I would call it an emotional film.

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:07 | Сообщение # 18
Ангел Любви
Akshay-Twinkle on cover of L'Officiel
Wednesday, September 23, 2009, 16:53

'Match made in heaven' is the expression that best suits this couple. One look at the cover page of the September 2009 L'Officiel magazine and any little doubt will be cleared.

Twinkle and Akshay Kumar, one of the most beautiful Bollywood couples, come together for Dior's Fall-Winter '09 collection photo shoot held in London. It's been almost after a decade that the couple shot together. Talking about the experience Akshay said, "It is probably one of the most enjoyable shoots I have done. It was so nice to have my wife with me."

Well, the couple's pictures do convey the fun and excitement they must've had working together. Talking about the pictures, Twinkle disclosed her little secret. "Our main motive is to have these pictures for our grandkids. One fine day, we will show them these and say, see we were young and glamorous once," she states.

All we can say is that Akshay and Twinkle will definitely remain one of most glamorous couples of all time in Bollywood.

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:10 | Сообщение # 19
Ангел Любви
Akshay-Katrina are face of National Games 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 11:05

Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif are the face of 34th National Games 2009, which is going to commence on November 21 in Jharkhand.

Our reliable source says, “Akshay and Katrina will be present at the inauguration and closing ceremony. The duo will endorse the promotion of games as well. On asking why Mahendra Singh Dhoni was not chosen as the brand Ambassador, since he belongs to Jharkhand, President R. K. Anand told the media persons that Dhoni is from Jharkhand and he will be invited for the inaugural and closing ceremony.”

The source signs off saying, “Akshay and Katrina have been paid Rupees 4 crore. Posters and cut-outs of both the stars will be used for promotion.”

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:12 | Сообщение # 20
Ангел Любви
It's action time for Akshay Kumar, John Abraham
Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 17:21

A.R. Rahman has finally said yes to another Bollywood project, in spite of his various international projects. He will be scoring music for Tony D’Souza’s next film.

The Blue director is already going places. His maiden underwater thriller is yet to be out. But Tony has already convinced his producers Ashtavinayak to produce his next.

It will star Akshay Kumar, but no Sanjay Dutt. Instead it will bring John Abraham into an action combination with Akshay. The two have so far only been seen in a comedy Priyadarshan’s Garam Masala after which the senior actor was accused of tampering with John’s role. The charge was vehemently denied by both the actors. But the bitterness remained…until now.

Says Tony, “Akshay was on board for the next project from the word go. After Blue I can’t dream of making a film without him. Blue couldn’t have been made without Akshay. As for John, it’s strange with his physique and body language he has never done a full-on action film.”

Tony sees the twosome not in the comic mould but in the slick stunt space. The film to start early next year will have never-before action. “If I was a member of the audience I’d want to see the two together in the kind of stunts never seen before.”

After going underwater in Blue we’d be seeing the director indulge in a lot of aerial stunts in his next.

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:13 | Сообщение # 21
Ангел Любви
Trisha forays into Bollywood with Akshay Kumar
Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 16:49

Director Priyadarshan is launching South Indian actress Trisha in Bollywood with his Akshay Kumar starrer Khatta Meetha. Trisha’s role in the film will be more challenging than the roles that have been played by heroines in a Priyadarshan film. It requires her to play two characters in different time periods.

Trisha was launched in Tamil movies too by Priyadarshan with his Leysa Leysa. Khatta Meetha promises to be a family film, similar to Basu Chatterjee and Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s films. This is the first time a heroine in a Priyadarshan film will have such an important role.

The reason Asin rejected De Dana Dan was because she didn’t want to have a limited role. Finally, Katrina Kaif was roped in as she had a warm camaraderie with Akshay.

LudgerДата: Среда, 07.10.2009, 11:19 | Сообщение # 22
Ангел Любви
“This is a male dominated industry” - Akshay Kumar
Thursday, October 1, 2009, 10:15

Why Anthony D'Souza? That's the question which comes to mind the moment one sees the team of Blue lending their support to a first time filmmaker, who has gone ahead and turned his vision reality by putting together this multi-crore extravaganza in place, which is touted to be the most expensive film coming from Bollywood shores.

Akshay Kumar, whose last film Kambakkht Ishq too was helmed by a first timer (Sabbir Khan), talks about what makes him root for the newer lot.

"Years back, I worked with Vipul Shah when he was just stepping into Bollywood. I did Aankhen with him. And then Waqt - Race Against Time followed by Namastey London and then Singh Is Kinng. Now I have done his Action Replay as well. So tell me, today after so many successful films behind him, do we even remember that once upon a time, Vipul too was a newcomer?" questions Akshay Kumar who has quite a few examples to cite where he has supported first time directors.

"I worked with Naresh Malhotra in Yeh Dillagi way back in 1994. He hadn't done any film before that. Then I also did Guddu Dhanoa's first film Elaan followed by Tu Chor Main Sipahi as well as Aflatoon. We know Abbas-Mustan for what they are today but after a low key Agnikaal, their first major film Khiladi was with me. I went ahead and also did Ajnabee and Aitraaz with them. Two years back I did Sajid Khan's debut film Heyy Babyy and now I am shooting for his Housefull. Ok, so I did Tashan too with a first timer (Vijay Krishna Acharya) but then such things happen. Hamaare yahan kuch itne dhurandhar film waale hain jinhone 40-50 movies banayi hai but still they don't get it right", says Akshay in a single breath.

"Sometimes filmmakers fail but one can't keep thinking about it all the time. If you start doing it, you can never ever step out and work other than those 10-15 experienced directors that we have in Bollywood. Today we all are talking about Wanted and how it is such a big success. But isn't that too the first ever Bollywood film by director Prabhu Deva", questions Akshay.

On a parting note, one can't help but ask him a question - 'When he works with a debutant director, doesn't the film turn out to be just all about himself? Isn't it a fact that there isn't any space for anyone else?'

"Main nahi dikhoonga toh kya mere padosi dikhege film mein", jokes Akshay, "Most of the films that I mentioned to you just now were single hero starrers. It is but natural that I would be seen. And let's admit it but for good or for bad, this is a male dominated industry. Isn't Wanted too a Salman Khan show all the way?"

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:45 | Сообщение # 23
Ангел Любви
“Akshay, don’t drop that torch” - Akshay Kumar
Wednesday, December 16, 2009, 13:50

Akshay’s biggest regret before he left on Monday night for Toronto to run with the Olympics torch was that his son Aarav couldn’t accompany him. “It was just for a day. And I somehow managed to squeeze it in to my schedule. For Aarav it’d be too tiring. If I was going for at least 5-6 days I’d have taken my wife and son.”

Humble as ever Akshay says, “Right now as I prepare to leave for Toronto to run with the Olympian torch I just keep telling myself one thing over and over again, ‘No matter what happens, Akshay, don’t drop that torch. Naak kat jayegi’ It’d be so embarrassing. I’d never be allowed to come back to Canada.”

Akshay had gone to Priyadarshan to get permission. “I had to ask my director for a few days off from his tight schedule of Khatta Meetha. He kindly agreed. Now I’m very excited to be part of something as prestigious as the winter Olympics. I just feel the whole experience will be truly inspiring. I think this is one of the biggest happenings in my life.”

Akshay has been working round the clock to beat the deadline for his departure. On Monday morning he was not tired. “Only when I go home in the night do I allow myself the luxury of feeling tired. On 17th I run with the torch. Then I return to Canada again to see some of the Olympics sports. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

On November 16 the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper handed over the Olympian torch to Akshay in Mumbai. “When I was given the torch some kids came running to just touch that torch. They wanted to know what the Olympic torch feels like. I can’t tell you what a proud moment that was. To hold that Olympian torch in my hand was so pleasing. I remember as a child on black-and-white television I used to see sportsmen carrying the torch.”

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:46 | Сообщение # 24
Ангел Любви
Akshay proud to promote Winter Olympics
Thursday, December 17, 2009, 10:58

Akshay Kumar has a new aspiration. He wants to learn gymnastics on par with the Russian Olympics winner Ivan Ivankov. "My favourite Olympian sportsperson is Ivan. And as I watch his skills I want to now learn it so that I could apply it to my own dancing and fights on screen. I think gymnastics are the hardest and most dangerous sports in the world. He was unbelievably graceful. Ivan's agility and power is unbelievable. I want to try for it. In India my favourite sportsperson would have to be Sachin Tendulkar."

And cricket is the sport that Akshay needs to brush up for a forthcoming film. In fact the actor has asked the star-batsman to give him tips for his role as a cricketer in a forthcoming film. Says Akshay, "I had to ask my director for a few days off from his tight schedule of Khatta Meetha. He kindly agreed. Now I'm very, very excited to be part of something as prestigious as the Winter Olympics. I just feel the whole experience will be truly inspiring. I think this is one of the biggest happenings in my life.

"I'm going to be so proud to have so many Indians, Sri Lankans and Asians cheering for me when I run with that torch. I know a lot of Indians in Toronto because it's my second home. I've never been more excited," said Akshay before he left.

Akshay says when he got a call from the Canadian Prime Minister's office informing him that he'd be carrying the Olympian torch, the actor didn't tell anyone. "Until it happened, I didn't believe it myself. I'm very lucky to be chosen for this honour. It'd be great to be standing on the same platform as Arnold Schwarzenegger. I wondered why they chose me!"

Akshay feels it is work for Special Olympics (physically challenged sportspersons) that did clinch the Olympian torch in his favour. "When it comes to sports, I've taken up a lot of responsibilities. When I joined Special Olympics three years ago, we had 1.5 lakh special athletes. Today we have 5 lakh athletes. Also I'm deeply connected with Canada. Toronto is like my second-home. I do a lot of charitable work. I even have a cancer ward in my father's name in a hospital in Toronto. I had taken my father for treatment to Toronto and they looked after him really well."

Looking back on 2009, Akshay says, "It was not a professionally rewarding year work-wise. But I am happy with De Dana Dan. Next year, I'll try my best to better myself. In 2010, I've Housefull and Action Replayy, all commercial cinema. My New Year resolution is to only do films that will entertain audiences."

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:48 | Сообщение # 25
Ангел Любви
Akshay Kumar breaks his promise for Priyanka
Friday, December 18, 2009, 10:31

It is common knowledge that Akshay Kumar and Priyanka Chopra have been avoiding each other after their titillating on screen chemistry and the rumours of their alleged romance hit the headlines. It was reported that Akshay even vowed to his wife Twinkle Khanna never to connect with Priyanka again but he broke his promise by spending time with her a couple of days ago.

The meeting happened at a five star hotel in Bandra where Priyanka was rehearsing for an event. Sources said that they bumped into each other and had an amicable conversation for some time. The buzz is that they were comfortable with each other.

It may be recalled that Akshay even stopped interacting to Priyanka, forget about acting with her, after his wife took a serious note of their alleged link-up. He vowed not to work with her ever to save his marriage. He even reportedly walked out of Suneel Darshan’s Barsaat because of Priyanka’s presence.

Sources said that they never exchange pleasantries at events. They didn’t even said hello to each other at the recent party organised by Nita Ambani though both of them were there. It was also reported Priyanka didn’t attend Vijender Singh’s party because Akshay was in the guest list.

So, the recent meeting shocked the onlookers. Priyanka reportedly climbed down the stage while rehearsing and spoke to Akshay, who was waiting for his turn to rehearse.

However, the actors have been denying having any affair since the rumours broke out. May be avoiding each other was just a precautionary measure to stop further rumours, which could adversely affect Akshay’s marriage and Priyanka’s love life.

Well, the actors should grow up and start working together in the future. After all, avoiding each other could send out the message that they actually had affair in the past.

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:49 | Сообщение # 26
Ангел Любви
Akshay generates 50 Lakh stories, 6 Crore hits
Monday, December 21, 2009, 14:08

That's the interest generated after it was announced Akshay Kumar would be one of the celebrity torch-bearers for the Winter Olympics 2010 in Vancouver; run marred by protests. On Thursday evening at 6.45 pm at Yonge Street, Akshay Kumar carved a niche for himself in the history of the Olympic Games when he ran with the Olympic torch.

Yet, Akshay's five-minute run was marred by protests from a group that called itself the Torch Extinguishing Committee who felt that the million dollars spent for the winter Olympics would be better spent on native Indians and child care. So for security reasons, Akshay's 300-metre run had to be cut short and he was whisked away by the Canadian police.

Andrew Clarke of the Canadian Tourism Commission said that after it was announced that Akshay was to be one of the torchbearers for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, there were over 50 lakh articles written on Akshay.

Said Akshay, "It's a huge honour to be asked to be one of the torchbearers of the Winter Olympics. Huge Honour: Akshay Kumar fulfils his childhood dream and carries the Olympic torch at Toronto. It's been one of my childhood dreams ever since I used to watch the Olympics played on our black and white TV and one day I had promised myself I would touch that torch.

I was excited and exhilarated after I carried the torch last night." Akshay adds that Canada is his second home. He says, "People are so warm and friendly. It's a beautiful country and there is no pollution. I love it." In downtown Toronto, Akshay often travels incognito. "I cover my face with a cap and go to Brampton where many Indians stay. I come to watch the NBA basketball games here and cheer my favorite team the Rapters," said Akshay.

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:51 | Сообщение # 27
Ангел Любви
Hunt for 17 year of Akshay Kumar begins
Wednesday, December 23, 2009, 12:13

Director Nikhil Advani is in a fix. The shooting of his new film Patiala House started in this month on December 21. And he has not been able to find the right face to play the junior Akshay. The scenes are part of a flashback where Akshay’s screen father Rishi Kapoor interacts with his son at age 17. Says Nikhil, “I’ve to find someone who looks and behaves like Akshay. His personality is too strong in the audiences’ mind to sign any teenager. I’ve to get someone who resembles Akshay physically and who can act because the scenes are very important. I’m in a fix.”

One option is to hold an all-India talent hunt. But Nikhil is not in favor of it. Nikhil says, “The talent hunt is an option. But I don’t much care for it. It’s cumbersome and would attract too much attention. I’d rather go by Akshay’s cousin if he agrees. Every time I ask he smiles. If this doesn’t materialize then we’ll reluctantly have to launch the talent hunt.”

Nikhil also needs an actor to play the young Rishi Kapoor. “But that won’t be such a problem. The physical resemblance is not that important here. Didn’t Saif Ali Khan play the younger Rishi Kapoor convincingly in ‘Love Aaj Kal’? We need an actor of about 35. I plan to cast someone unknown.” The earlier plan of casting Ranbir Kapoor as Rishi Kapoor was dropped. Both father and son vetoed the idea arguing that whenever they come together it would be for a home production.

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:55 | Сообщение # 28
Ангел Любви
Akshay to auction Olympics Torch for charity!
Thursday, December 24, 2009, 11:37

Although a Canadian land-preservation group tried to stop Akshay Kumar’s Olympian sprint in Toronto on Thursday evening no power on earth could take away the exhilaration of the moment from Akshay. His joy at representing the country with such a singular honour has now multiplied. After Akshay carried the torch at one of the most well attended street events in Toronto, the Olympics committee in all their wisdom, decided to gift the Olympian torch to the Khiladi star.

Unable to contain his excitement at the honor Akshay on his return to Mumbai on Sunday morning said, “Carrying the torch across the longest street in the world was the greatest honor I could hope for. But when after the event the Olympics committee gifted me the torch I almost broke down. My first thought was for my son Aarav who would now be able to keep that precious torch with him for a few days. My second thought was, will I carry it back to Mumbai safe and sound?”
At the Toronto airport the authorities were excited by the very unusual cabin luggage that Akshay had brought with him. “They didn’t even check the torch! I was just asked to proceed with it.” Throughout the long trip from Toronto to Mumbai Akshay clutched the torch in his hands as he sat thinking of what to do with the precious possession. “It was during the long flight that I decided what to do with the torch. I’ll be auctioning it and use the money to help the children who participate in the Special Olympics.”

Reliving the golden moments when he carried the torch in Toronto on Thursday evening Akshay says, “About 7000-8000 Indians including those who had come from other cities like Montreal and Vancouver lined both the sides of Yonge Street which at 1,178 miles is the longest street in the world. I started at 7.30. But people had already gathered by 5 pm. I covered about half a mile in 20 minutes. I can only tell you, it was the most exciting and magical moment of my existence.”

A group calling itself the Torch Extinguishing Committee did not dampen Akshay’s spirits. Says Akshay, “I don’t know whose torch they came to extinguish. It was certainly not mine. I heard they were around somewhere on that street. Like I told you it’s the longest street in the world. I completed my sprint without obstruction. I could hear people shouting, ‘Spoil-sports, spoil-sports!’ against these protestors. I’m sure they were protesting for a worthy cause. But why dilute sports by bringing politics into it?”

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:56 | Сообщение # 29
Ангел Любви
12 British actors in Akshay's Patiala House
Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 15:21

Nikhil Advani's film Patiala House on cross-generation cultural assimilation among the Sikh community of Great Briton is getting more and more seriously authentic. Now, Nikhil has hired 12 professional young British-Asian actors who joined Akshay Kumar for the long schedule in Mumbai this month. They will play the third generation of Sikhs in Britain.

Some time ago, Nikhil flew to London to shoot scenes in the much-revered Southall Gurdwara and to meet Sikh elders there. Cameras are not allowed in the Gurudwara. But once the Southall Gurudwara committees heard the idea behind Patiala House and that two of the most beloved Punjabi actors, Rishi Kapoor and Akshay Kumar will feature in the saga, the Sikh elders of Southall were all for the project.

Says Nikhil, "They just threw open the doors of the Gurudwara and offered to help in every way to make Patiala House authentic. Many of the Sikh elders at the Gurudwara had lived through the infamous Southall racial riots of 1979, where my film is partially set. When I narrated my theme to them they had tears in their eyes. Patiala House is like old wounds being re-opened for them. But it's a story that must be told," says Advani.

Even while the set depicting the streets and homes from the Asia-centric Southall area of London are being constructed in Film City, director Nikhil Advani has managed to get visas for 12 young British Asian actors, chosen after auditioning nearly 60 candidates, to play third-generation Sikhs from a family in Southall. The director has been working on their visas and other details for the last many months. "There are 7 boys and 5 girls all between the ages of 16 and 30. We deliberately kept the lower age-limit at 16 because any younger British -Asian actors would've meant special permissions and visas for parents. Out there, they are very particular about the permissible age for working."

Nikhil has been at the job to the minutest details. "All the details of their schedules have been worked out. Their hotel accommodations, transport, dinner engagements, etc. They started shooting on 21st December and keep shooting right up to 4 February."

At heart, says Nikhil, Patiala House is a father-son story. "Like Billy Elliott, where the father is a coal miner but the son wants to be dancer. In my film, Rishi Kapoor feels his dreams as a Sikh immigrant in England are being destroyed by his son. But the son Akshay Kumar has his own dreams to pursue."

The director fears the minute people hear Akshay plays a Sardarji, they will presume Patiala House is another Singh Is Kinng. "But my film has nothing in common with Singh Is Kinng. Akshay is a Sardar. But a mona Sardar."

LudgerДата: Среда, 17.02.2010, 11:58 | Сообщение # 30
Ангел Любви
Akshay's special evening with twinkle
Thursday, December 31, 2009, 10:17

Akshay Kumar planned a special evening for biwi Twinkle Khanna's birthday yesterday. The couple brought in her birthday (December 29) along with close friends and family members at their 75-year old Portuguese bungalow on Anjuna beach in Goa. Says a source close to the actor says, "Akshay wanted to make this year very special for her so he decided it wasn't going to be just a one-day celebration for her. It was a week long birthday celebration."

One of the things that Tina wanted, was to celebrate her birthday with best friend from New York and her family so Akshay made all the necessary arrangements for their travel and stay. Akki also invited Tina's sister Rinke and her husband and all their children at the bungalow. "Their mother Dimple couldn't make it as she's busy shooting. Every day they'd swim, dive and snorkel, while night-time meant party on the beach." He hadn't given her any gift till the time we went to press. Last year, he had gifted her a Bentley.

Форум Земля Любви индомания » Болливуд » Акшай Кумар - Akshay Kumar » Акшай Кумар Akshay Kumar статьи на иностранном языке
  • Страница 2 из 7
  • «
  • »
Поиск:

Составляем слова на хинди (для вставки символа в форму кликните по нему)

ि

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 | Создать бесплатный сайт с uCoz